Thursday, June 25, 2009

Jello and chicken

Ok strange title. I'll explain. Last night I had some beets to cook but I didn't want to eat them plain roasted or boiled. I thought that a honey balsamic glaze or something like that would be good over them with a bit of goat cheese. So I mixed together some white balsamic and honey and drizzled it over the top of microwaved beets. Then I thought it would be a good marinade/glaze for some grilled chicken. And it was.

So today we had 1 chicken breast left over which I thought would be great sliced thin with some goat cheese and red leaf lettuce on a sandwich. But alas I needed more chicken to be grilled. I so like the combo of flavor last night that I wanted to do it again. I added honey and garlic to a sauce pot and opened my kitchen cabinet door. I found a packet of lime jello. I thought hmmmm lime and honey and vinegar on chicken, why not. So I added a couple of tablespoons of the jello powder to the honey, a bit of water and a bit of balsamic vinegar. heated it up and used it as a glaze for my cooking chicken on the grill.

Eric thought it was a bit weird that the chicken had a green tinge but it was really great on the sandwich.

No comments: