Thursday, July 2, 2009

Summer

Where has the summer gone? It is July. My June has been a whirlwind of classes for my oldest son, exterior home renovations, family and friend visits and Athens trips. I can only hope July will settle down a bit. We will be missing VBS this year, after June I just can't do it. The boys will be going on 2 vacations: 1 with grandparents and I will be joining them mid-week with the princess. Hubby is staying home to continue with the exterior renovations. Then a week home and our bunch will be going to the beach! I am soooo excited!! Then a week at home then school starts. BOOHOO. My babies are growing up just way too fast. I don't feel like I have spent nearly enough time with them this summer. Which is terrible because the middle starts kindergarten and I am going to miss him so.

I have started back to power walking since my life has gotten back to a more normal state. I also broke my baby toe about 6 months ago and that is the hardest thing to heal to the point where you want to put tennis shoes on and excerise. I wore 3.5 inch heels yesterday to work for the first time since the break and by the end of the day I couldn't get my foot back into the shoe. So hopefully that will change because I love my high heels.

I measured my walk route and it's somewhere between 3 and 3 1/2 miles through my neighborhood. So I've been doing that everyday since Father's Day. We'll see what happens.

I need to add pictures to this, but my pictures must be too big because it takes forever to do anything.

Fourth of July plans? Not much I hope. There is a housewarming family gathering in Athens on Sat. but I don't know this cousin that well, and it's the 4th and i don't want to drive too much.

The boys, mom and I went out to our family's land in Athens several weeks ago with a metal detector. Found lots of treasure. My great grandfather had built a house and it unfortunately burned down. With the metal detector, we have found a horses bit, pieces of their iron stove, canning tops, even a dinner knife with the tip broken off, hand forged chain, parts of tools, parts of door hinges and locks. Very cool. I guess I should take a picture of it and post it. It's at my mom's so maybe next time I'm over there will.

That's all for now. Need to play with boys and get dinner started. Karate starts at 5:30.

Blessings to you!
JJ

No comments: